Sunday, May 18, 2014
Why I've Never Written Before
I used to write all the time. It was an escape from reality. I could be anyone I wanted, live anywhere I wanted, feel loved, be grown, travel the world, do any job I wanted, or not; you get the picture. But, I never have, and still haven't, written for public consumption, because of my guilt over how it might affect others. It's inevitable to share part of someone else's story in sharing my own. There should not be any guilt in that, as long as I tell the truth. The problem is, some people don't want that truth to be known. Or my truth is too difficult for others to hear, or read. I can't help that anymore. For me to let go of random memories, or to get it out of me--and out there--where it can have a voice and plague my heart and soul no longer, I have to write it out. To the best of my ability, I will be truthful. To the best of my ability, I will protect innocent people. To the best of my ability, I will tell only what I need to tell with my own voice and only what will help me to free myself from the burden I've carried for 32 years. I apologize now if this hurts people. If I ever make it public, it probably will. My intent is not to hurt anyone, but to be free from the pain I've carried for too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment